Saturday, April 2, 2011

Orange Lipstick Trend

An ongoing trend for the Spring and Summer months is orange lips.  I have been on the hunt for the perfect orange color that is bright and bold without appearing to hint too much on the red side when applied to the lips.  I had difficulty finding a color that was a true orange because many that I found became more coral when I applied them to my lips--until I came across this!
This lipstick is by Artdeco and is 435 34j.  I bought this while on a recent trip to Europe so unfortunately I don't know if you can get a hold of it it the states.  However, the trend is orange lips so you have to find a shade that suits you.  After my long hunt for the perfect orange, I found this lipstick.  It is a vibrant true orange color that goes on very smooth, but with lots of pigmentation.  I like to wear such a bold lip with very simple makeup since all the attention with such a look would be on the lips.  Wearing a bold lip can be out of some peoples comfort zone, but it's a lot of fun and is great for a night out when you want a drastic change in your makeup but don't feel like spending any time with fancy eyeshadow/liner.

UPDATE:  I went into the MAC store and tried their lipstick called "Vegas Volt" which looks almost exactly like this lipstick.  Morange lipstick by MAC was another great orange lipstick if you are looking for a true vibrant orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment