Saturday, April 9, 2011

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

I don't buy foundation all that often, but I was on the hunt for something with spf and that was lightweight.  For a while now I have been using Makeup Forever HD foundation which looks amazing in pictures and makes my face look flawless.  However, it was too much for an everyday foundation.  Also, it oxidized very quickly on my face and made me appear orange.  For me, the product didn't last very long and over time, it made my blush look splotchy.  It is definitely not a foundation meant to be worn all day, but it looks great for the first few hours.

I was curious about Chanel's new Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.  I have always heard great things about their foundations, and this is one of their newest additions to their collection.  This foundation looks very small in the packaging but it actually holds 30 ml of product which is the same amount found in the Makeup Forever HD foundation.  I bought this for $45 plus tax.  The packaging of this product makes it very easy to store and travel with so I am happy with the design of this product.

It says on the box that this is an "ultra-light skin perfecting makeup, instant natural radiance" and that it also has an spf of 15.  If you need coverage, this foundation would not be the proper choice since it does only give a light to medium coverage.  The color I got was BR50-Beige Rose-Sienne, which is one of their darkest shades.  Unfortunately, this line has a very limited amount of color selection.  I'm normally in the medium shades, so once I get a tan in the summer this line probably won't have an option for me anymore.  This is probably the only con I could find for this product.

This foundation has a very liquidy consistency as well as a slight flowery smell to it (which I do not mind, but may irritate highly sensitive skin).  You can apply it with your hands or a brush, both ways apply this foundation nicely.  It settles into the skin very quickly and disappears making it look and feel like it is a layer of "second skin."  It creates a very natural finish to the skin and feels like nothing is on the face while leaving a dewy appearance.  I am normally not a fan of a dewy foundation, I like my face to look matte only because as the day goes on I don't like my "dewy" foundation to make my face appear oily and have to constantly powder it.  However, I found that with this foundation I did not have to touch up my face at all (I have combination skin) and after wearing it all day it looked the same as when I had applied it in the morning.

Can you tell I am absolutely in love with this foundation?

3 comments: