Monday, April 18, 2011

Nail of the day #4

 One of the blogs I enjoy to read is by a girl named Jen.  In one of her recent posts, she had her nails painted with black nail polish with blue sparkles on top.  I tried to recreate the look, but I only had the sparkle polish she used.
For my base, I used OPI's polish in Lincoln Park after Dark which is a dark and creamy purple color.  Over that I used a nail polish from the Katy Perry line from OPI in Last Friday Night.  I really like this look because it looks like the night sky.  Also, the polish in Last Friday Night was a disappointing color on its own because looks like a few coats of it would create a nice shade of blue on the nails.  However, that pretty blue color you see in the bottle does not translate onto your nails.  But over Lincoln Park after Dark, the sparkles capture a pretty blue sheen in the light and add a fun touch to the nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment