Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February Favorites




The above beauty items are products that I found myself using the most in the month of February and were a part of my daily makeup routine.  

AHAVA-Intensive Nourishing Hand Cream
I got this in my January Birchbox and fell in love with this hand cream!  It is so moisturizing, and my hands get really dry in the winter months.  Anytime I had a problem I just put this hand cream on and it felt like the dryness would immediately disappear.  The only issue with this product is that although it initially comes out thick, once worked into your skin it becomes very greasy and takes a while to settle.  But regardless, that's probably why it works so well!  But if you aren't a fan of greasy lotions this one isn't for you.

 TOO FACED-Sexpresso and Peach Fuzz eyeshadow duo
On the right is a closer view at the duo.  Sexpresso is a dark matte brown color and Peach Fuzz is the cream based color with intense gold shimmer.  Even the close up of this shadow doesn't do justice on how amazing Peach Fuzz is.  Unfortunately these shadows aren't sold individually so in buying Peach Fuzz I was forced to get it in this duo. I don't mind though because Peach Fuzz is the color I had always been looking for!  I was having a hard time finding a shadow where the glitter in it actually transfers onto the face, but this eyeshadow is amazing.  I made a huge dent in the shadow this month I used it so much.  The glitter actually shows up and sparkles on the eyes.   I sometimes would use the brown to lines under my eyes.

MAC-Feline Kohl Pencil
This black eye pencil was a repromote from one of MAC's recent collections.  It is a black liner pencil so nothing you can't get from another brand.  I like this though better than MAC's smolder pencil because the pencil is really soft and is easy to smudge on the eyes.  I would line my eyes and then smudge it out.  I found myself also lining my lower waterline a lot this month with this pencil.

DIOR-lipstick in Serum de Rouge
This is actually a lip treatment with amazing color pay off.  It glides on smoothly onto the lips and moisturizes so it has a shine to it.  Even after it wears off I find it to kind of stain my lips so it always looks like I'm wearing something.  I love this color, especially since spring is right around the corner.  It is a juicy shade of pink.

LAURA MERCIER- blush in Lush Nectarine
You can build the color on this blush to a bright peachy coral, or keep it soft.  It is a really easy color to work with and looks very natural on the skin.  I also like how small the packaging is so it doesn't take up to much space in my drawers.

No comments:

Post a Comment