Sunday, May 8, 2011

Urban Decay Cult Eyeshadow

I was really excited for this eyeshadow because I barely own any matte shadows and my collection is mostly neutrals so I thought this purple would be great for the collection.  I love this deep purple shade.  Urban Decay claims their matte line is buttery and smooth, which is true.  To the touch this shadow feels really soft.  My problem with it is that it is really powdery.
You couldn't really see it in the first picture I took, but when I swatched it on my hand you can see the powder/chalky appearance of the shadow.  Even when I dipped my brush into the shadow to apply it, it went onto the brush clumpy and powdery, just like the way it looks swatched above.  I'm still going to use it because I love the color, I just do not like the formulation of this product at all.  I don't know if the rest of their matte line is the same, but I do not plan on purchasing any more of Urban Decay's matte collection of eyeshadows.  I love their eyeshadows in general, just not this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment