Friday, May 13, 2011

May Birchbox

The Birchbox theme this month revolved around the idea that mother knows best so the box was filled with elegant products.  I was really excited when I opened my package because before unwrapping anything the sweet smell of citrus started to escape the box.  Here are my first impressions of what I found inside moving from left to right:

Tiny Prints Card:  This months treat was a greeting card from a site that allows you to customize your own cards.  I love to send handwritten messages and have a slight obsession with stationary so this was an exciting surprise.  It is very good quality paper, and on top of that they gave us a code to visit their site and receive a free greeting card of our choice and any additional cards for half off.

Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner:  As an extra, I got two packets of Oribe shampoo and conditioner that maintains and hydrates color treated hair.  I would say that each packet can be used twice and I'm excited to try these products out. These are also great to keep around to take for vacations.

Archipelago Pomegranate Soap:  This brand sounds familiar, I'm not quite sure where I have seen it before, but this soap smells soooo good.  I'm not a big fan of using bar soaps, but this smells so good I can't resist.

Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir:  This perfume is the first one I have received in my Birchbox that I actually like and would wear.  It says that it smells like fruit and jasmine.  I'm not the best at describing scents--all I know is that I'm loving it.

Stila eyeshadow in 24Kt:  I received a full sized Stila shadow in gold.  Gold is one of my favorite colors of shadow to wear so I was excited that I got a color that I would get a good use out of.  It came in the pan which was upsetting because they are too large to fit in a MAC palette and I don't have any other magnetized palettes.  I believe they sell the containers at Sephora so I might have to check that out to make this shadow more convenient to use.

Erno Laszlo Night Serum:  This is a firming serum to be used at night.  It says that it is "a wrinkle-fighting wonder," and at $190 per oz I sure hope so!


Overall I was really happy with every product I received this month and can't wait to start using them!

No comments:

Post a Comment