Thursday, February 3, 2011

NYX Tango with Bronzing Powder

At work today I learned that I got a perfect store on my midterm.  My luck continued at Ulta.  I'm usually never able to find NYX products at Ulta because they are always sold out!  However, for some reason tonight they decided to stock their NYX display just as I entered the store, and I was finally able to get a hold of some products I had my eyes on.

 On the left is their 04 "When Leopard Gets a Tan"  This really reminded me of Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzing Powder except for I bought this for $15, not $28!  This gives a really pretty pink/bronze shimmer to the face.  I would use this as a blush, not a bronzer.  However, one sweep of this on your cheeks and this creates a really pretty glow and combines your blush, bronzer, and hilight in one step!  It gives the face warmth and a nice glow.


On the right is their 03 Tribal Odyssey Bronzer.  This one reminded me of Smashbox Soft Fusion Lights.  This was also $15, the smashbox product is $30.  This is not a very dark bronzer and it is   shimmery so I wouldn't recommend this if you aren't a fan of shimmery bronzers or are darker than medium skin.  However, this adds a really pretty bronze glow to the face!  You could even use it as a blush if you like.




Underneath both of the bronzers is this brush.  I would definitely not recommend using this brush.  It is not soft at all and hurts to even run my hands through it.

The compacts also both come with mirrors which is handy when applying on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment