Friday, February 4, 2011

NYX Power Lipstick

When the Liberty of London collection came out last Summer from MAC, I passed up on the lipstick Blooming Lovely, which I soon came to regret.  It was a very unique lilac/pink lip color.  I had heard NYX had a dupe in their collection called Power and I finally came across it!














I of course never swatched these two colors next to each other, but the NYX lipstick seems to have the same lilac/pink undertones in it.  The picture is not showing just how much lilac this lipstick actually contains.  This was $4 rather than the MAC price of $14 so it was worth a try.  I'm glad I ended up finding it because it is such a pretty and unique color.  Also, the formula is very creamy and just glides onto the lips.  It goes on pretty opaque on the lips.  For $4 I am impressed on the quality of the lipstick because Wet & Wild has $2 lipsticks, but they have a very drying formula to them which enhances the dryness and lines of the lips.  Not very flattering, and what I was kind of expecting out of this lipstick.  It ended up giving me a pleasant surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment