Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer faves



With warmer weather and summer around the corner, I'm starting to pull out some of my favorite makeup products for this time of the year.  Not that I don't use these the rest of the year, but Summer is when I use them the most!

This is Nars Laguna bronzer.  It looks a lot more shimmery in the pan than when you apply it to the face, which is a good thing because you don't want to be applying shimmer all over your face.  I like to apply this in the "3E" motion around the perimeters of my face and it just creates the most beautiful glow.  It's a very flattering bronzer that isn't orange or too dark.  It is definitely buildable and is a nice universal bronzing shade.

This is Melba blush by MAC.  It is a very soft shade of peach/coral that is matte.  I like this because I feel like it compliments the bronzer well in creating a sun kissed glow to the skin.  It is a very soft and pigmented blush.  It looks very natural against the skin unlike some of my other orange/peach/coral blushes.  Also, I like to use a highlighter more often in the summer time and I always like to use that with a matte blush, so this is perfect.


This veluxe pearl finish eyeshadow from MAC is woodwinked.  It is the perfect brownish gold which can have a tinge of orange to it depending on how you wear it.  It makes your lids appear glowy because of the almost metallic finish it gives to the lids.  I love this color for all over the lid but I also enjoy using it in the crease.  It has very good color payoff and I am very excited to pull this shade out and use it again.



This is Rubenesque paintpot by MAC.  This is one of their creaseless cream shadows.  I absolutely love this shimmery golden peach shade.  It is so easy to swipe across the lids and be done with the eyes.  I like to go very simple on the eyes in the summer and this just makes it so easy.  It also brings out more of the orange-y golden shades of woodwinked so they pair well together.  It's a great base for any neutral shade.


For summer I like to have really long and thick and full dark lashes since I go so light on the eye makeup.  I recently picked up this Loreal Voluminous mascara.  The first time I bought this I didn't like it but this time I picked up the curved brush version which I absolutely love.  It creates really big lashes easily and is very dark.  I normally don't go for waterproof mascara since I don't have an issue with mascara transferring onto my lower lids, but if you do I would recommend a waterproof mascara formula.


I have a few other favorites for the summer, but not any products in particular.  A must have for me is a coral lipstick or lipgloss (preferably something with spf).  As you can tell when summer hits I kind of put aside my pink shades and reach for my oranges and corals.  I also really enjoy shimmery highlights and gel eyeliner for my upper lash line.

No comments:

Post a Comment